BMEWS

Sarah Palin is the other whom Yoda spoke about.

calendar   Monday - July 27, 2015

watching you from behind

And the award for the sickest crazy effer of the week goes to ...

[ fairly harmless grossness to follow. you’ve been warned. ]

It all began with one of those “routine traffic stops”. And then ...

See More Below The Fold

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/27/2015 at 01:36 PM
Filed Under: • CrimeHumorStoopid-People •
Comments (5) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

One Less Sick MoFo Cracka

Psycho Gets Permanently “Dear John"ed By Hooker

Guy brings car full of torture gear and weapons to meet sex worker.  Gets shot with his own gun when he tries to strangle her. Cops think he may have been serial killer.

A woman in Charleston, W.Va., may have saved her own life and the lives of many other women, as well, when she shot and killed an alleged attacker in her home last week.

Neal Falls showed up at the woman’s home on July 18 after answering an escort ad she had placed on Backpage.com, according to police. He showed up with a “kill list,” multiple pairs of handcuffs and a Subaru full of weapons and tools, including a shovel, knives, a bulletproof vest, a machete, bleach, trash bags, sledgehammers and axes, according to Fox affiliate KPTV.

In Falls’s pocket, police said, was a list of names of potential future victims, all of whom are sex workers who advertised on Backpage, according to the Daily Dot.

Now investigators are trying to determine whether Falls, 45, was responsible for a string of slayings targeting sex workers in Ohio and Nevada, the station reported.

“I knew he was there to kill me,” she said. “I could tell that he had already done something because he said that he was going to prison for a long time. And that’s when I knew he was gonna kill me.”

The woman told the station that Falls, who was from Springfield, Ore., pulled a gun on her and began strangling her. She said she had a split second in which to take control of the situation.

“When he strangled me he just wouldn’t let me get any air,” she said. ” I grabbed my rake and when he laid the gun down to get the rake out of my hands, I shot him. I just grabbed the gun and shot behind me.”

Good for her. Dead goblin count := Dead goblin count + 1.

related serial killer story here.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/27/2015 at 12:55 PM
Filed Under: • Crime •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

guarding the guardians

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Pentagon asks armed volunteers to stop guarding recruiting centers

The U.S. Defense Department wants armed volunteers who are showing up across the country to guard military recruiting centers following the July 16 shooting rampage at two facilities in Chattanooga to stop, citing potential “security risks.”

In a statement issued Friday, Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said the department takes “the safety of our service members, our DoD civilians, and the families who support them very seriously.”

Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter, Cook said, “is currently reviewing recommendations from the services for making our installations and facilities safer - including our recruiting stations.”

Across Tennessee and parts of the rest of the country, heavily armed civilians, many of them veterans themselves, have been standing patrol at some U.S. military recruiting centers following the Chattanooga attacks.

Authorities say 24-year-old Mohammad Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez first attacked a recruiting center, wounding a Chattanooga police officer, and then a Navy and Marine training center where he killed four U.S. Marines and a Navy petty officer and wounded another service member. Abdulazeez was killed in a confrontation with Chattanooga police.

“While we greatly appreciate the outpouring of support for our recruiters from the American public, we ask that individuals not stand guard at recruiting offices as it could adversely impact our mission, and potentially create unintended security risks,” Cook said. “We continue to partner with and rely on first responders for the safety of the communities where our service members live and work.”

Right. Because when jihad is at your door, first responders are only minutes away.

Not to mention how humiliating it must be for the soldiers working there, emasculated by regulation past the point of their own safety, proven repeatedly, to have to be protected by the very group they exist to protect. Who shall watch the watchmen? Those who will not wear the blindfolds and shackles of the king.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/27/2015 at 11:32 AM
Filed Under: • Military •
Comments (4) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Sunday - July 26, 2015

obama just has to meddle in Brit business.  AGAIN!

Still getting work done on this old place, and believe me finding the workmen ( and women ) not always easy. Although the ladies we’ve encountered tend to be on time or call if can’t and do show up and get things done. So anyway ... when you find really good people who are reliable, you tend to keep em close and almost become friends.  And so it is with the two guys who have installed new double glaze thru-out and finally after all these many years, a new back door.  Front one done in Sept and that part of house project done.  The most serious fix will be something called “Rising Damp” which is a problem in houses like these.
Well ... I got an email from window guy Phil.

He’s the one I wrote about who missed the Tunisia massacre by a day due to his son’s prom night.

I would never have thought Turkey. When he said he was going there. I thought it was a joke.
Guess I’m not much travel oriented anymore. But apparently, there’s a part of Turkey very popular vacation spot and some Brits own condos there.

Anyway .... just had to share his note to me last week as I thought it interesting. But I still don’t wanna go.

Btw ... re. Tunisia, I had no idea originally how popular the place was before the attack.  Among ppl from all over Europe, there were ten thousand Brits. So it musta been seen as a safe place I suppose.  They were all evacuated, some even flown out by RAF planes, I understand.
-30-

Hi ,

Yep im back and very busy at the moment.
The holiday was lovely, Turkey is a great place and all the people were very friendly all except the many Russians at the hotel who are rude, ill mannered greedy people. Even the Turkish staff didn’t like them, we were some of the few English there for the first five days. Weather was hot ....36 degrees .I would recommend Turkey and definitely go back again ,we were on the Bodrum peninsular which is a great distance from the borders to Iran etc,so we didn’t feel unsafe at all out in the town. From our hotel room we had a view across the sea and could easily see the Greek island of Cos...i was surprised how close they are. Lots of food booze and sun...perfect.
-30-

Nothing but rain here in Winchester all day yesterday and damn cold too.  ( Same for today, Sunday) Kept off puter and just read the papers and especially Friday book reviews.
Amazing how fast our lawn returned to green. There was hardly any to be seen the day before. Today looks to be pretty good so far, but still cold in spite of mostly sunny skies on Saturday. But no sun today. It’s that damp to the bones chill.

This being England, one should not hold the breath with regard to weather reports. I judge it by my neighbor’s laundry. If her line outside is full by 9am, it’s a wash day and rain would not dare.  Seems to have worked the last few years they’ve been here.

Politics. Oh no, not that. Yeah well.

Obama’S Big Fat Mouth.

That man has me thinking more like some Brits I know. I’m even drinking more tea these days. But honestly bmews, I am pissed off again because Mr. Know everything about Britain and how the ppl feel, has stuck his big fat foot and mouth into OUR Feckin business. Again.  OK, I’m not really allowed to say “our” but my wife is, so that “our” was from her but I feel it too.

This past week makes the second time he has stuck his nose in Brit home affairs and with my accent I get questions like, who does he think he is? Well that’s the mild version.  He wants Brits to remain in the EU.  He is totally outta touch with many folks here, and there is real desire among many to leave the EU. But his recent address urging UK to stay and the things he had to say, had to be written by a speechwriter who never lived here.
Or if he or she did, they didn’t get out much.
An editorial in one of our morning papers had this to say.

“As Barack Obama urges Britain to remain in the EU, the Mail has a word of advice for our most powerful ally.  Would you mind your own business, please, Mr. President – and leave us to decide where our interests lie?”
The Daily Mail

He’s upset quite a few here and this is the second time on the same subject.  Apparently he must think it’s perfectly grand that the ppl here continue to be ruled by laws passed by unelected bureaucrats sitting in Brussels and Strasbourg.

A long delayed referendum will be held on an in or out by the end of 2017.  Of course the PM is hedging bets as politicians will do. He is calling it an in or out vote on reforms the ppl have told the govt. they want.  Well, depends on who ya read or listen to.  But just engage in conversations with strangers in a coffee bar or pub, and they do not believe the reform line. In any event, it doesn’t affect the USA, so why Mr. O. thinks the folks here need his advice is beyond me.

Another columnist wrote :

WESTMINSTER NOTICEBOARD

Amanda Platell
President Obama warns Britain that if it leaves the EU we will lose our influence on the world stage. As the fifth biggest economy in the world, we don’t need to take lectures on commerce from Obama.

And if you need more, under another headline;

Barack Obama’s plea for UK to stay in the EU infuriates Tory Eurosceptics who say ‘it’s a matter for the British people alone’

· President said staying in the EU would give the U.S. ‘greater confidence’
· Claimed that membership gives the UK greater influence on world stage
· The ‘interference’ angered many Conservatives ahead of 2017 referendum
· Labour say it shows that membership enhances our relationship with U.S.

By Daniel Martin Chief Political Correspondent For The Daily Mail

Barack Obama was under fire from Tories last night after urging Britain to stay in the European Union.

The US president told the BBC that the UK must stay with Brussels if it is to continue to have influence on the world stage.
He said Britain’s EU membership ‘gives us much greater confidence about the strength of the transatlantic union’.
But Eurosceptics lambasted the comments, saying they were an unwarranted interference in a decision to be made by the UK electorate in a referendum due by the end of 2017.
Tom Pursglove, Conservative MP for Corby, said the issue of EU membership was ‘a matter for the British people’. ‘It isn’t for anybody else to tell the British people what they are going to do,’ he said.

Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan tweeted: ‘I accept that there may be some arguments for staying in the EU. Humouring Barack Obama is not one of them.’

SOURCES

There are of course some very powerful money interests, and they have a voice even if many are foreign companies.

My bet is ... this country is fast going down the drain anyway and I hate to see it.  I think Brits are gonna get screwed royal without benefit of foreplay.  I really believe most want out and believe they can still trade with the world.
But I don’t think it will happen.  I think there will be something behind the heavy screens, and it the records and papers will be locked away for 500 years. Yes, there will no doubt be a few bones thrown to the old dog and the politicians will boast, see?  We got reforms as promised.

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 07/26/2015 at 09:59 AM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (5) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Saturday - July 25, 2015

We Need Cute

We need an antidote for the headlines.  In a world as insane as our, there is still cuteness besides red heads.

Allow me please to introduce Hulk and his puppies.  Hulk is 175 pounds of cute, the puppies a little smaller.

Lots more photos at the link

Courtesy of The Daily Mail

The world’s biggest pitbull cuddles up to his adorable new litter

image

Posted by Dr. Jeff   United States  on 07/25/2015 at 05:16 PM
Filed Under: • Animals •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

passing through, slowly

Such is life. People come into your life one way or another, they’re around for awhile, and then they’re gone. Life seems to maintain a kind of status quo, so you don’t notice the time going by, and you take the passing years for granted.

Oh, I’m not talking death or the great circle of life, although that’s part of it too.

No, I need to find a new chiropractor. And a new friend.  We’ve been going to him for .... holy cats, 13 or 14 years? Longer maybe? And he’s become a friend, along with his wife. Ok, maybe not the closest of friends, over to each other’s house constantly, but they’re people we really mesh with.

He decided a few years ago it was time to get out of the rat race. Saw Obama’s writing on the wall and went Galt. Sold his great big house on the back side of the real estate bubble, but at least he was able to sell. Rented a smaller place. Started working on a material-free side business about 3 years ago that would generate some residual income. And now his kids are off to college, or joining the Navy. Out of the house. So it was time. A few weeks ago he announced he’s retiring and they’re moving south. Closing the practice after 25 years.

It just didn’t seem real to me, even when I was in his office last week and noticed that some of the stuff was starting to thin out. We went in last night, and the place was nearly empty. Our talk was all about trusting the movers or not, and packing, vehicle transport and what to do with all the pets and firearms, the wisdom of letting the kids run the estate sale to get rid of everything you don’t want to move, and the fortitude to just throw the rest away. It’s time. They’re going.

We’ll stop in Monday, or maybe Wednesday to say good bye. And then we’ll never see them again.

Very sad.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/25/2015 at 02:48 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (8) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Friday - July 24, 2015

professional selfie

image

See More Below The Fold

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/24/2015 at 04:49 AM
Filed Under: • Eye-Candy •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

The Big Green Beast

I founded it. Finally! Everything is on the internet, but some stuff is just harder to find.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you ... the summers of my childhood:

image

We were campers, when camping wasn’t cool. Giant recreational vehicles? Phah, they didn’t even exist! Massive trailers with color TV, running water, and satellite hookups? Posh weekender crap for those spoiled city brats. We went camping. Intense. In tents! Ok, some softies did have those Coleman pop up trailers, the Apaches IIRC, and you did see the families out in the pickup truck camper insert. And they always seemed a bit cramped. Not us.

We had what was nearly a circus tent for the era. It certainly was the circus when we showed up: 2 adults and two kids, a dog, a fire engine red Coleman cooler, and a raffia picnic basket emerge from inside a 2 door 1967 VW Fastback. From high above the car’s roof, from a massive home made car top carrier comes down a heavy duty 18’ Grumman canoe, longer than the car itself, followed by this massive slab of folded canvas, followed by stoves, poles, paddles, sleeping bags, air mattresses, and whatnot. Food and cooking equipment came out of the front trunk onto the camp site’s picnic table, and in minutes was a functioning kitchen making a pot of coffee. Once the plastic ground cloth was out and the tent was loosely staked down, boxes, packs, and duffel bags of clothes came out of the back trunk and went into the rising tent. Main pole up and then the whole family goes fore and aft and raises the end poles at the same time. Hammer in the minor stakes, get the front tarp up. Set the tension in the back window. And we’re done. 15 minutes, tops. We were organized thank you. We could fully set up camp before people had figured out how our car worked. (tiny car, spacious interior, front trunk, rear trunk, no grill ... where’s the engine?? )

And our tent was huge, unlike anything anyone had ever seen. We had the best Hillary money could buy.

No, not her. Him. The real Hillary, Sir Edmund. By the time I was in 3rd grade or so, his name had become a brand name for the value line of outdoor products at Sears. In the same way, baseball great Ted Williams lent his name to the top of the line stuff there, because Sears wasn’t willing to slap a “Craftsman” label on everything.

So we had the big green beast. 8 feet wide, 15 feet long. But better than that, It was almost 6 feet tall at the end opening zipper door, and the roof pole sheath was over 8 feet off the ground. In other words, it was a tent adults could walk in to, and move around in, not squat and crawl.  The nearly vertical canvas walls maximized useful floorspace. It also had tons of room with that 8x15 footprint, giving plenty of room for 4 sleeping bags, packs, duffel bags, a laundry line, towels, and a place for the dog to sleep. Most of the time I think we also had a heavy plastic tarp, bright yellow, tied over the top. That helped when the rain came down in torrents ( to this day my ultimate degree of crazy downpour description is “it’s raining like we’re camping” ), but better than that it kept the acorns, leaves, and other grubby forest bits from making too big a mess.

The thing was awesome. And nearly unique. For whatever reason, I don’t think we ever saw anyone else in the same model tent. And this was at the height of the tent camping family vacation era. Maybe they didn’t advertise. Maybe Sears only pushed the little models. Hey, for all I know, the one pictured here is our tent. Keep it dry, give it a couple days of sunny airing every year, wax the zipper, and it ought to last nearly forever.

In the photo stream where I located this tent, the guy has his just standing in his yard. He hasn’t twigged that the flow thru ventilation window in the back is sleeved, which means you can adjust the poles to add some extra tension to the roof. You can see in the pictures that the happily striped window awnings are massively oversize and built to be reefed; you could tie them open, tie them closed, or tie them partly or even mostly open. Or attach light lines to pull them out to the side, thus ballooning out the side of the tent another foot and some, giving you even more interior volume. That way you got ventilation, protection from the elements, and privacy all at the same time. FTW !!  And the same thing goes for the front flap, a massive piece of canvas as big as the whole front panel of the tent. It was big enough to carefully cook under with the Coleman gas stove when it rained, and when we went out hiking or canoeing we could tie it down, which was kind of like locking your front door ... not that we ever needed to; in all the years of camping, from the blueberry barrens of northern Maine down the entire Atlantic seaboard, up and around into the Florida panhandle, we never once had any of our gear messed with. Well, not by people. Squirrels and raccoons, every night. Poisonous snakes, alligators, giant bears, and once wolves ... ah, I need a good scotch or three to tell those stories. Camping; it’s a adventure. Hey, have I mentioned the freakish rains?

image

The one and only online source, with more pictures. He has a replacement bag for the poles. The original one folded over on the end like a duffel bag, and had a carry strap. As if you’d take this thing deep in the woods on a 3 day hike. Riiiiight.

image
A Ted Williams tent from the same mid-60s era. It’s the same fabric, the same colors, and uses some of the same musically tuned aluminum poles*. But the cross poles aren’t sleeved so it isn’t as storm proof. And it’s a middle side entrance model with a lower ceiling, just like every other tent out there. Nice, but the only difference between this one and the Coleman was that the Coleman was blue.

* it’s true. The sound of a bag of aluminum poles being dumped on the ground carries for miles. Like the nearly explosive fwoooosh of the Coleman white gas stove lighting off, or the shrieking ghoulish double squeal, slam, Bumpbumpbum of an outhouse door slamming shut against rusty spring hinges, it is one of the sounds of camping etched into my soul.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/24/2015 at 01:35 AM
Filed Under: • Fun-StuffHistory •
Comments (6) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Thursday - July 23, 2015

Sore Hand

We split things 4-3 last night, winning the first and last games by a bit, but losing the second game by a lot, which allowed our opponents to take wood.

I bowled a tiny bit above average each game, but I was having a blast throwing my “new” ball. And today I’m paying the price for it. My IQ Pearl had been getting pretty lifeless, and the coverstock was getting pretty chewed up, so I had it sanded fresh and run through the Rejuvenator™ to get the lane oil out of it. And it came back to me with fresh finger inserts. Nice. And perhaps a bit too tight. I’ve got my fingertips in them all the way, down to the first joint the way you’re supposed to. And every time I throw the ball, there’s this tug on my hand and this audible little double pop. It’s popping my knuckles every throw, but it’s also revving up like mad and turning the corners sharply for once. So I enjoyed that, but by the middle of the 3rd game my hand was getting tired. And today those fingers are kinda sore. Next time I’ll try just putting the tips halfway in.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/23/2015 at 02:01 PM
Filed Under: • Bowling Blogging •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

One of our local hidden gems

Our little piece of Hunterdon County NJ feels like a step back in time to many of our weekend visitors. Because it is. You go 2 blocks off the highway and it’s like going back 170 years. I love it.

This was a highly rural area until the 1840s, but farms and businesses began to blossom here in the 1850s, around the time the railroad came through. The great growth period was over by the 1920s, and the area went back to sleep for the next 50 years. But that growth left us with lots of mid 19th Century to early 20th Century homes, and plenty of locally constructed mail-order iron bridges, and we’ve been very fortunate that so many of them have survived. We have streets full of them, entire neighborhoods, all restored. Victorians, Colonials, Italianates, Greek Revivals, Gothics, Craftsmen, Dorics, you name it. Plus plenty of the truly American style “I built it” houses just too tough and ornery to fall down. Ever. Makes for great walking tours for the tourists, who then need to go shopping and get a meal or two, and perhaps visit one of our several museums. We do quaint here, but the real deal not the pretend kind, and we do it all the way to the bank.

Anyway, hardly a mile off the beaten downtown track is the well hidden McCloughan Mansion. Now owned by a restoration consortium, this 1850-1860 Italianate brick villa is slowly being brought back to its formerly grand condition. Not that it was ever really all that bad; it was just empty and lonely for a few decades. Nobody lives there now, but the place isn’t spooky at all.

But I mean it about the well hidden part. The road it fronts is heavily wooded and bushy, and you can only catch the smallest glimpse of this place as you drive the up hill curve past its frontage. From the back it can’t be seen, not even in winter, even though the property is hardly 100 yards from the busiest local highway in the county. So all the in-town houses get the adoration and awards, and this place ... I wonder if many of the residents even know it’s there? I only just discovered it myself a couple weeks ago, when I went looking for the ancient barn next door, with its distinctive copulas.

image

more info:

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/23/2015 at 12:27 PM
Filed Under: • Architecture •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Wednesday - July 22, 2015

quotable

In a world of rampant lying,
where so many lies are used to inflame passions and justify false grievances,
the indiscriminate pursuit of justice leads sooner or later to insanity, mass murder, and the ruin of civilizations.

Therefore, those who wish to punish the current and future generations
for the inequities of a generation long gone,
and who equate justice with revenge,
are the most dangerous people in the world.

Dean Koontz, Deeply Odd

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/22/2015 at 05:53 PM
Filed Under: • Scary Stuff •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(2)  Permalink •

calendar   Tuesday - July 21, 2015

yes indeed

image

See More Below The Fold

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/21/2015 at 08:13 PM
Filed Under: • Eye-Candy •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

maybe too leftover

Not having the best of days here.

I made up some leftover leftovers for dinner the other night, finding all sorts of “hey, this still looks Ok” bits in the fridge. A little pork, a little lamb, some roasted chicken, but no ham. A few spoonsful of various vegetables and the end of a couple bags of frozen ones. You know, a real “Dad meal” to use up all that expensive food going to waste. Made up some rice, and found a can of Thai curry paste in the back of the closet that was only a year and a half out of code. Put it all together, and it was actually pretty good. And there was enough leftover so I could have another serving for lunch yesterday. But today ... I think I’m going to stay close to home. As in, no more than 30 seconds away from my new favorite seat.

Crivens. It must have been the rice.

I think it’s time to start putting date labels on all those little containers that breed in the icebox. Just so I know.

And it’s time to visit the Asian market again to get another half dozen or so cans of Maesri Thai curry paste. That stuff is so good, no matter what flavor you pick.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/21/2015 at 08:00 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

We are all going to hell in a handcart.

I didn’t think I’d need to post the entire story and link.

image

I first heard this from a workman next door when we got here in 2004.

But things have changed.  They got worse.  Much worse.  Two muslim scum were arrested today while planning to kill an American serviceman, any American serviceman, in a copycat attack like the Rigby murder two yrs ago, when a Brit soldier was run down by a car and while disabled, butchered in the street in broad daylight.  The guys were in court today laughing.  And there’s this. Not on the same level but gives you an idea of what membership in the EU can mean.

Call the midwife? No, call immigration… RICHARD LITTLEJOHN asks why migrant who gave birth near Marble Arch was ever in the UK in the first place

By Richard Littlejohn for the Daily Mail

Here’s a story you may have missed, since it didn’t get much coverage in the newspapers and appears to have been ignored by the broadcast media.

I only stumbled across it when I was trying to catch up with what had been going on while I was taking a short break.

Very little, from what I can gather. But this one parable of our times grabbed my attention.

It languished at the bottom of Page 11 of last Thursday’s London Evening Standard and although it was followed up in a couple of other publications, I can’t help feeling it deserves a wider audience.

‘Three police officers had to step in to deliver a baby in front of shocked commuters and tourists in the morning rush hour at Marble Arch.

‘The officers ran to help the woman after being alerted by passers-by. Ambulance staff provided instructions over the phone and she gave birth shortly after 8am.

‘One witness said: “We could not believe what we were seeing in a tourist spot in London in broad daylight. The woman was obviously in distress and the officers were brilliant at calming her down. They are real heroes.” ’

On one level you could argue that this is a heart-warming human drama, a precious new life safely delivered into the world by our versatile and compassionate British bobbies.

But we’re not talking Away In A Manger here. This is a real ‘Oi, Doris!’ eye-opener, which only serves to underline the insanity of our open borders immigration policy.

We are not told much about the woman involved. She is variously described as ‘homeless’ or a ‘rough sleeper’ as if she is the unwitting victim of cruel circumstances.

Her identity has not been forthcoming from either the Metropolitan Police or University College Hospital, where mother and baby were taken.

A couple of the reports do say she is a ‘migrant’ and point out that Marble Arch has become a magnet for Eastern European vagrants — although obviously they don’t use the word ‘vagrant’, which could be considered judgmental, probably racist and most certainly offensive towards a vulnerable minority.

So I think it’s fair to assume that she’s one of the many Eastern European gypsies camped out around Hyde Park, who do so much to enrich the diversity of our capital city, bringing with them their traditional skills such as aggressive begging and pickpocketing.

A group of these valuable and talented folk recently decided to make their home at the memorial to all those slaughtered by Islamist suicide bombers on the London Transport network ten years ago.

They had converted the memorial plaque into a dinner table, and were using the nearby bushes as a toilet.

From time to time, the authorities make a half-hearted attempt to move them on, by offering to pay for air fares back home, which is usually Romania. But even those who take up the offer come back again.

While this country remains part of the EU, there’s nothing we can do to stop them, either. Even in the unlikely event of a referendum vote to pull out, this particular woman is now the mother of a British citizen and will never be deported. And, presumably, now she has a baby, we will be expected to provide her with suitable accommodation and the full panoply of welfare benefits.

She may well become a useful and integrated part of British society and her child may grow up to discover a cure for cancer. Or not, as the case may be.

But, honestly, what was she doing here in the first place? What special gifts do she and her fellow ‘rough-sleepers’ bring with them?

Do any of those responsible for promoting ‘diversity’ and open borders really believe that it’s a good idea to invite itinerant people with no job and no home; with whom we have nothing in common and no duty towards; and who have no intention of contributing anything positive to our society; to travel across a continent and establish an open-air gypsy camp in one of our world-famous royal parks?

Could anyone have envisaged that one of London’s best-known monuments would one day become a makeshift maternity ward, with three coppers playing Call The Midwife?

We are all going to hell in a handcart.

richard littlejohn

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 07/21/2015 at 04:35 PM
Filed Under: • Illegal-Aliens and ImmigrationUK •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •
Page 2 of 6 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »

Five Most Recent Trackbacks:

The Brownshirts: Partie Deux; These aare the Muscle We've Been Waiting For
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at 香港特首曾荫权和部分高管分别用步行或搭乘公共交通工具的方式上班
西安电加热油温机 香港盛吹“环保风” 专家指市民已从被动变主动 中新网9月29日 淮安导热油电加热炉 电 据香港中通社报道,9月29日晚由香港某环保团体举行的“无冷气夜”,吸引了5万名市民及超过60间企业承诺参加。这是香港最近环保活动不断升温过程中的大型活动之一。 进入九月,香港各界环保活动渐入高潮,层出不穷。特首高官与各界市民齐齐参与,是其中一个最大特色。…
On: 03/21/18 04:12

meaningless marching orders for a thousand travellers ... strife ahead ..
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Casual Blog
[...] RTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPL [...]
On: 07/17/17 08:28

a small explanation
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at yerba mate gourd
Find here top quality how to prepare yerba mate without a gourd that's available in addition at the best price. Get it now!
On: 07/09/17 07:07

The Real Stuff
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Candy Blog
[...] LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE J [...]
On: 06/11/17 10:40

when rape isn't rape but only sexual assault
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Trouser Blog
[...] took another century of Inquisition and repression to completely eradicate the [...]
On: 06/07/17 03:37

DISCLAIMER
Allanspacer

THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE HOSTS OF THIS SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS.

Not that very many people ever read this far down, but this blog was the creation of Allan Kelly and his friend Vilmar. Vilmar moved on to his own blog some time ago, and Allan ran this place alone until his sudden and unexpected death partway through 2006. We all miss him. A lot. Even though he is gone this site will always still be more than a little bit his. We who are left to carry on the BMEWS tradition owe him a great debt of gratitude, and we hope to be able to pay that back by following his last advice to us all:
  1. Keep a firm grasp of Right and Wrong
  2. Stay involved with government on every level and don't let those bastards get away with a thing
  3. Use every legal means to defend yourself in the event of real internal trouble, and, most importantly:
  4. Keep talking to each other, whether here or elsewhere
It's been a long strange trip without you Skipper, but thanks for pointing us in the right direction and giving us a swift kick in the behind to get us going. Keep lookin' down on us, will ya? Thanks.

THE INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE AMERICAN COURTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPLICABLE IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY, THEN THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ACCESSED BY PERSONS FROM THAT COUNTRY AND ANY PERSONS WHO ARE SUBJECT TO SUCH LAWS SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO USE OUR SERVICES UNLESS THEY CAN SATISFY US THAT SUCH USE WOULD BE LAWFUL.