BMEWS

Sarah Palin will pry your Klondike bar from your cold dead fingers.

calendar   Wednesday - July 15, 2015

The Past, Echoing

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21, 1994
— Following are excerpts from President Clinton’s White House news conference today:
“Before I take your questions, I’d like to say just a word about the framework with North Korea that Ambassador Gallucci signed this morning. This is a good deal for the United States.

North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program. South Korea and our other allies will be better protected. The entire world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons.

South Korea, with support from Japan and other nations, will bear most of the cost of providing North Korea with fuel to make up for the nuclear energy it is losing, and they will pay for an alternative power system for North Korea that will allow them to produce electricity while making it much harder for them to produce nuclear weapons.

The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations.”

Riiiiight. Thanks for that, Bill.

Meanwhile, back to today.

image

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/15/2015 at 08:14 PM
Filed Under: • Democrats-Liberals-Moonbat Leftists •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

Hysterical Revisionism: “Sandblast them!”

Totalitarian Playbook, Page 7

Surely you saw this one coming back in 2008 didn’t you? I know I certainly did. I actually expect NASA to be taken apart too, as if it never existed.

Remember back when the Taliban was taking over Afghanistan? And they were blowing up all those 5th Century Buddha shrines and caves and stuff?

And now, how ISIS is destroying all the antiquities and ancient cities of Babylon in Syria and Iraq?

Yeah. Sounds mighty similar. Same playbook, same page. Different field. Mostly different totalitarians. Mostly.

First They Got The Flag

image COLUMBIA, S.C. — The Confederate flag on South Carolina’s statehouse grounds came down during a Friday morning ceremony, ending its 54-year presence at the Capitol.

Members from a South Carolina Highway Patrol honor guard approached the Confederate memorial, and as one turned a lever to lower the flag, the assembled large crowd burst into sustained applause and chanted “U.S.A.!” The flag will be placed in a museum.

Friday’s ceremony in Columbia bookended the highly emotional debate in South Carolina over the flag’s place on the statehouse grounds, a conversation that began anew after last month’s mass shooting of nine worshipers at a historic black church in Charleston. The nation reeled with shock and pain, and the state and U.S. flags atop South Carolina’s Capitol dome were lowered. But the Confederate battle emblem on the statehouse grounds flew high; only the legislature had the power to lower or bring it down.

Photos then emerged of the alleged Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church shooter, an avowed white supremacist, posing with the Confederate symbol. The flag’s place in the state gained instant national scrutiny, with those calling for its removal saying it symbolizes racial hate and violence. In a high-profile gesture, an activist climbed atop the flagpole and removed the flag; she was arrested and the flag was replaced.

Officials also said the flag should come down, including Gov. Nikki Haley (R), who asked the legislature to take up the issue. Lawmakers passed a bill this week to remove the flag.

“In South Carolina, we honor tradition, we honor history, we honor heritage, but there’s a place for that flag, and that flag needs to be in a museum, where we will continue to make sure people will honor it appropriately,” Haley said

Then They Got General Forrest

image The Memphis City Council Parks Committee on Tuesday approved an ordinance allowing the city to move the Nathan Bedford Forrest statue out of Health Sciences Park, and they also approved a resolution to move the remains of Forrest and his wife, which are buried at the park.

The ordinance and resolution came on the heels of a national movement to remove symbols of the Confederacy after a reported white supremacist, Dylann Roof, allegedly murdered nine church members at the historically black Emanuel AME Church in June.

The ordinance to transfer ownership of the statue and to remove and relocate it will be required to pass three readings of the full council before it would go into effect. The resolution to remove the Confederate general’s remains only requires one reading, and the council agreed this morning to move it to tonight’s full council agenda.

But even if that resolution passes, state law would require that the city bring a lawsuit in Shelby County Chancery Court to have the remains removed and relocated. State law requires a Chancery Court decision for the removal and reburial of remains, and any remaining relatives of the deceased must be made a party in the lawsuit.

As for the remains, Wade’s opinion highlights the fact that Forrest’s will, which was probated in Shelby County on December 17, 1877, mentions his request to be buried at Elmwood “among the Confederate dead.” Forrest and his wife were originally buried at Elmwood, but their remains were moved to Health Sciences Park (formerly Forrest Park) on November 11, 1904.

The statue was dedicated there on May 18, 1905 by the Forrest Monument Association. The association paid for the statue with private donations, including the donated salaries of the Memphis City Councilmembers who held office in 1903. On March 25, 1903, the association had petitioned the council to authorize a special tax levy for the statue. The council objected because of the need for funding for streets, sewers, and bridges, but the since the members supported the idea for the statue, they agreed to donate that day’s salaries to the cause.

At today’s council committee meeting, Lee Millar of the Sons of Confederate Veterans expressed disapproval of the proposed move of the statue and the remains.

“We are steadfastly opposed to moving the statue of one of our American heroes,” Millar said. “And it would be an abhorrent thing to dig up the graves in Forrest Park.”

And Now It’s Time For General Lee, General Jackson, and Jefferson Davis

imageNAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia’s Stone Mountain The famous outdoor relief sculpture depicting Confederate leaders on Stone Mountain in Georgia has come under attack from the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP. The chapter’s leader is calling for the removal of the Confederate Memorial Carving that depicts Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

A press release from Richard Rose, the president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, calls for the elimination of the Confederate carving, calling it a “glorification of white supremacy.”

“It is time for Georgia and other Southern states to end the glorification of slavery and white supremacy paid for and maintained with the taxes of all its citizens,” the release states.

“History reminds us that despite the hero status accorded to Robert E. Lee, the West Point educated Lee was a traitor who led the military effort of the breakaway states, including Georgia.”

The release continues, “The insurrection’s sole purpose was to create a separate nation that would maintain the enslavement of generations of African descendants.”

Rose said in a phone interview with The Times on Tuesday that “symbols demonstrate people’s mindset. They mean something. There are monuments all over the South… that were erected to demonstrate and celebrate white supremacy.”

He said that the art work is also inappropriate because none of the Confederate leaders depicted hails from Georgia.

“The heritage we should be celebrating is the U.S. heritage. We’re not a separate nation,” Rose said. He added that he is working with local lawmakers to push this issue forward.

In an interview with local Atlanta WSB-TV, Rose said that the Confederate carvings “can be sandblasted off or someone can carefully remove a slab of that” to sell at auction to the highest bidder.

He also said, “Our tax dollars should not be used to commemorate slavery.”

Please pardon me; I can’t write about this. I am not a Southerner by birth or by disposition, but I am apoplectic at this insult. This is just wrong in every aspect.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/15/2015 at 05:28 PM
Filed Under: • Politically Correct B.S.Racism and race relations •
Comments (16) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

1.6 Million Hits A Month

Running a blog named Voe, Emilie Nereng was Norway’s top blogger for 2 years running, 2009-2010, when she was only 14-15 years old. Her readership was larger than most daily Norwegian newspapers. After all, she made her own rules and followed them strictly - 2 posts a day and be positive and happy! - so how could success elude her?

Since then she’s done some modeling, and sang on TV in front of an audience of 80,000 people, and been the youngest lecturer ever at Lillehammer College. These days, at the ripe old age of 20, she remains a leader in social media and is a noted fuutbol authority.

She also does basic stretching exercise videos.  And “look what I bought at the mall” shopping videos.

This way lies fame and fortune. Go figure.

1.6 million hits a month.

I think she has some secret advantage. Must be the puppy.

image

image

See More Below The Fold

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/15/2015 at 04:28 PM
Filed Under: • Blog StuffEye-Candy •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Tuesday - July 14, 2015

Still looks like a planet to me

NASA Completes 9 Year Fly-By On Pluto

image

Ah, Pluto! We humans may no longer recognize you as a full planetary member of our solar system, but that doesn’t mean we’re not excited about having your close-up picture.

And on Tuesday, we got it, thanks to the New Horizons spacecraft launched 10 years ago that is coming closer to the distant dwarf planet than anyone has ever been: 8,150 miles. That may not sound like it’s very close, but when you live 3.6 billion miles apart (roughly), that’s practically a fist-bump.

Needless to say, NASA scientists are really excited, posting this image of Pluto.

In the caption, they added, “This stunning image of the dwarf planet was captured from New Horizons at about 4 p.m. EDT on July 13, about 16 hours before the moment of closest approach. The spacecraft was 476,000 miles (766,000 kilometers) from the surface.”

Pluto has been reclassified to dwarf planet or planetoid status. That’s unfortunate. I’m not sure who sets these rules. Probably the same wankers who screwed up brontosaurus and eohippus. But one of the major takes from this 9 year endeavor, started back in the days of yore when NASA was still in the rocket science game, was to find the size of the little fellow and his even smaller satellite Charon. And here is everyone all together to scale (apologies for my rough graphical work):

image

Recent measurements obtained by New Horizons indicate that Pluto has a diameter of 2370 km, 18.5% that of Earth’s, while Charon has a diameter of 1208 km, 9.5% that of Earth’s. As a relative reference, the diameter of the Moon is 3,474 km, and the diameter of the Earth is 12,742 km. This means that the Moon is approximately 27% the size of the Earth, and that Pluto is close to 2/3 the diameter of the moon. Charon comes up short, being just more than 1/3 the diameter of the moon, and less than 1/10 the diameter of the Earth. The smallest “official” planet is Mercury, coming in at a “gigantic” 4,880km diameter, about 40% larger than our Moon, and a touch more than 1/3 the size of our Earth. Still trying to figure out where the line is between planet and dwarf planet? Don’t bother. Jupiter’s moon Ganymede is 5268km across, 8% bigger than Mercury. I give up. I’m going to go pet my Dawn Horse now.

image

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/14/2015 at 06:10 PM
Filed Under: • Amazing Science and Discoveries •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

You Tell It Bill

Bill O’Reilly brings it, and brings down the house. This is from more than a year ago, but nothing much has changed, so it still applies.

Steve K
sent me a link to a CNS page, and what was there was the second half of O’Reilly’s lecture, shown here. He gets around to CNS’ side of the argument at about the 3:08 mark.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/14/2015 at 03:03 PM
Filed Under: • Racism and race relations •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Monday - July 13, 2015

solder? We doan nee no steenkeen solder

Cool stuff I learned about today

The Rigid Pro Press

A no-sweat way to hook your pipes up.

image

image

No torches, no solder. No wrenches, no twisting. No crocus cloth, and no flux.

5 seconds to attach a valve to a copper pipe. Or a stainless steel pipe. Or PEX. Or that multi-layered stuff. Or the same 5 seconds to butt two pipes together. Or put an elbow one. Whatever. Completely leak proof. There’s a revolution in plumbing going on, and it’s awesome.

Sure, you can go the PEX way. Maybe Shark Bites. And they are neat, I’ll grant you. But this Pro Press thing is just awesome, and it works on the pipes you already have. There’s some kind of O-ring inside the collar on each end of the connectors.  Stub them together, position the battery powered tool, press the trigger. The tool applies several tons of pressure and scrunches things down just the right amount. In 5 seconds you’ve got a joint so strong you can’t pull it apart with a truck. Ho. Lee. Crap.

Love it.

Let’s go to the video tape:

Maybe it isn’t the latest and greatest. I’m not a plumber. But I saw an impossible to get at dead valve cut out and replaced in about 30 seconds, and there was still some water pressure in the line. Snip snip, pop pop. Done. Dry as a bone. Holy crap.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/13/2015 at 09:44 PM
Filed Under: • Science-Technologywork and the workplace •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

oh plumber

I think I will add several new words to my swearing lexicon. Words like “ball valve”, “plumber”, “sweat fitting” “diverter cartridge”, and the like.

The plumber is here and is doing what he has to do. And I’m doing what I have to do, which is to spend money at an alarming rate. Water pipes aren’t made out of copper. Oh no, they’re solid gold, I’m convinced.

Holy sheep deep, I swear this guy opens a pipe and money shoots out. Right into his pocket.

I’ll be lucky to get out of this little job for a thousand bucks. Mother effer.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/13/2015 at 04:51 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (8) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

Monday Gak

The diverter valve on the shower decided to stop working this morning. Isn’t that special?

I did what I could, running out to the garage to turn off every valve I could find. And found out that this unit may not actually have a unit shut-off valve. Or if it does, it doesn’t work.

So after filling up all the jugs and bottles and watering cans I could find trying to drain the lines, and filling the tub to overflow with clammy cool water, and still not seeing any slowing down in the water flow, I gave in and called the office.

“Why, there’s nothing we can do. You need to call a plumber and when they get there call us and we can come turn off the building. But you’ll have to tell all the neighbors that the water is being turned off.”

Gee, great. Fine. Whatever. So I call the plumber, and thank heaven, they can send a guy over in a couple of hours. So things will be fixed. And perhaps even a functioning shut-off valve installed.  I don’t care what it costs.

image

And here I was going to write of our big weekend adventure, crawling around up in the roof truss rafters, putting the clothes dryer exhaust pipe back together. Because - welcome to condo life, where you are responsible to all your neighbors! - every 3 years we have to produce a certificate saying that the dryer vent has been professionally cleaned. Not that I couldn’t do it myself with a blower and the auger whip drain cleaner for my power drill. Right. Anyway, the last time one of those guys was here, before we bought the place, he was so heavy handed that they popped the corner elbow on the exhaust vent. Which is built inside the stud wall of course. So we’ve actually had the dryer venting into the attic for the past 2 1/2 years, instead of out the vent pipe. Which isn’t really a problem, because it’s an electric dryer (no CO vapors from gas heat) and the low height truss roof attic has several passive vents to the outside. So no moisture builds up either. But my wife is tiny, and willing, and pretty good with tools and stuff, so she was able to worm her way in there and tie everything together with half a mile of fresh duct tape.  The vent cleaner guy should be here in half an hour. Let’s see what happens.

image

I was going to write a fun missive about the Taming Of The Kittehs, but it turned out to be a Fail. Which is what I knew it would, but I can’t say that out loud, and she just adores the little family of semi-feral cats living outside here under the bushes. Mom cat Scowler, and her kits Fred and Ginger. I know. They’ve been given names. We’re sunk.

She’s been trying to tame Scowler for a year now. No luck. None. She comes close, but then runs. The two kits are spooky and spookier. But she’s persistent, and with the help of many cans of tuna fish and sardines, managed to get them to actually come inside into the kitchen, while she stood there and talked to them. And that was nice. The kittens appear to be weaned at this point, so perhaps now was the time. She snuck outside, came around the kitchen from the outside, and quietly closed the sliding door, gently capturing the two youngsters. And panic ensued. And stayed ensued for several hours. Eventually I went in and opened the door, and they were gone in a heartbeat. Sorry honey. I know you love them. But you can’t tame a half grown wild animal. Catch one as a baby, and maybe you’ll get lucky. Not these. I do hope she forwards me some of the pictures we took during the fracas, because it was pretty funny. Flying kittehs literally climbing the walls behind the refrigerator.

I managed to get the black one in a box for a few minutes, and he was so tharn* that I could pet him. Aww, soft kitteh. Ginger is more like her mother, and just went psycho. Later there were tears, but she’s accepted the truth. But she still wants to care for them and protect them, living out under the pricker bushes in our big bad jungle. I say no. That’s just going to get them to breed, and soon we’ll have even more of them.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/13/2015 at 12:41 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Saturday - July 11, 2015

a shared responsibility payment

I couldn’t let the Condell video go unposted, it follows this bit of news, which is short and totally unrelated.

I find myself caught up in Mr. Obamas new health care law. Who knew?

I don’t live in the states.  I don’t even know if I’ll ever get back there.  As it looks now, my bones will rest in a foreign land.
But caught up I sure did.

I received a notice in today’s mail from Uncle Sam notifying me that I owe $190 because I have not made the effort to insure my wife and I.

Specifically is says; “The law allows us to assess this payment against you for not securing minimum essential health insurance for you and your dependents.
As a result, your balance is $190.00. The balance shown is due immediately. Deadline before interest charge is July 20.”

Why do letters and news like this always have to happen on a week end?

And don’t ya just love the new language these days?  It’d called “Shared Responsibility Payment”.

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 07/11/2015 at 12:40 PM
Filed Under: • Government •
Comments (9) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

a pat condell video …. free speech in europe or, pissing in ur own drinking water

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 07/11/2015 at 12:29 PM
Filed Under: • PAT CONDELL •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

got to laugh, eh?

Canaduh humor?

Toronto street sweepers take too long to clean up dead racoon on sidewalk.

Racoon gets streetside memorial, facebook page, hundreds of followers.

Animal control finally bags the stiff in the middle of the night.

Memorial remains, continues to grow.

image

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/11/2015 at 12:28 AM
Filed Under: • Miscellaneous •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Friday - July 10, 2015

Go Flog Yourself

MTV To Shame America With “White Guilt” Documentary

Designed To Leave Thousands In Tears

I don’t know where the fudge this latest “white privilege” garbage is coming from, nor what it’s supposed to be. But I can tell it’s another huge push to inflict pain and self hatred on the children of the people who descend from those who built and run this nation.  And I can tell a head high pile of horseshit from a haystack and know enough to go around it, even without being a farmer.

But I gather some people can’t. And I’m gathering that the latest offensive against America is this “white privilege” crap. And here comes a great big show all about it, to hurt your children.

Think it’s time to fight back yet?

Think it’s time for a little historical accuracy, or a little pride in genetic randomness like these other groups have? Why the Hell not?

Maybe we should all sit down with our families and watch this show on MTV. No, record this show. Then go over it point by point, word by word, and show our children how they are being manipulated, lied to, and abused. And after that awareness raising, we can plan a counter-offensive. We’ve sucked it up a lot, but sometimes when a line gets crossed there’s no going back. And I think we’re about to see that line.

New MTV Show Publicly Shames White People For “What They’ve Done in America”
White People documentary hosted by illegal immigrant features young Americans crying over their “white privilege”

MTV will air a show later this month entitled White People which shows young white Americans crying on camera over their “white privilege” and publicly shaming them for “what they’ve done in America”.

No, this is not a joke. The documentary is hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and amnesty activist who has worked for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post.

The trailer for the show, which has been widely criticized by YouTube respondents, features white people expressing angst about how they are desperate not to appear “racist” or “offend people.”

According to Kimberly Ricci, the documentary forces the participants “to internalize what they’ve done in America” – in other words, this a huge exercise in white guilt tripping for public consumption.

An MTV write up of the show also explains how Vargas talks to young Native Americans who feel that European settlers did not ‘save the country’.
...
This documentary represents the culmination of years of race-baiting and racial division which is being driven by the mass media and the Obama White House, tensions which have rapidly accelerated since the Ferguson and Baltimore riots.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/10/2015 at 12:53 PM
Filed Under: • Racism and race relations •
Comments (8) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

bloody fools

Greece: Do It My Way Or I’ll

Hold My Breath And Kick My Feet

George Will explains Greece for folks like me who simply can’t understand the news.

The hairy little plate breakers are having a tantrum. How dare anyone cut back on their standard of living, which is supported by endless deficit spending? How dare anyone even suggest that continued bail outs come with any conditions at all, like even being paid back for starters?

The EU exists to require nations to “pool” their sovereignties in unelected, unaccountable bureaucracies. The retrograde point of the EU is to leech from national parliaments powers that were hard-won over many centuries of struggle. National governments rendered unserious by the EU are apt to regress to adolescence, as with Syriza’s referendum — a tantrum masquerading as governance.

[Prime Minister Alexis] Tsipras is a peculiar phenomenon, a defiant mendicant. He urged voters to do what they did. In voting “no,” they asserted that Greece’s dignity is incompatible with loans that come with conditions attached. Tsipras’ Syriza Party insists, however, that dignity is compatible with perpetual dependency on the forbearance and productivity of others.

A defiant mendicant. “BWA”; Beggaz Wit Attitood. A beggar who’s a chooser, and if the choice ain’t right, abuser. Oh my, isn’t it easy to draw parallels with that one.  Now I understand.

Since joining the eurozone in 2001, Greece has borrowed a sum 1.7 times its 2013 GDP. Its 25 percent unemployment (50 percent among young workers) results from a 25 percent shrinkage of GDP. It is a mendicant reduced to hoping to “extend and pretend” forever. But extending the bailout and pretending that creditors will someday be paid encourages other European socialists to contemplate shedding debts — other people’s money that is no longer fun.

Greece, with just 11 million people and 2 percent of the eurozone’s GDP, is unlikely to cause a contagion by leaving the zone. If it also leaves the misbegotten European Union, this evidence of the EU’s mutability might encourage Britain’s “Euro-skeptics” when, later this year, that nation has a referendum on reclaiming national sovereignty by withdrawing from the EU. If Greece so cherishes its sovereignty that it bristles at conditions imposed by creditors, why is it in the EU, the perverse point of which is to “pool” nations’ sovereignties in order to dilute national consciousness?

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/10/2015 at 12:29 PM
Filed Under: • EconomicsEUro-peons •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

black and white

What is the difference between the U.S. Supreme Court and the Ku Klux Klan?

Members of the Supreme Court dress in black robes and scare white people.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 07/10/2015 at 11:57 AM
Filed Under: • Humor •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •
Page 4 of 6 pages « First  <  2 3 4 5 6 >

Five Most Recent Trackbacks:

The Brownshirts: Partie Deux; These aare the Muscle We've Been Waiting For
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at 香港特首曾荫权和部分高管分别用步行或搭乘公共交通工具的方式上班
西安电加热油温机 香港盛吹“环保风” 专家指市民已从被动变主动 中新网9月29日 淮安导热油电加热炉 电 据香港中通社报道,9月29日晚由香港某环保团体举行的“无冷气夜”,吸引了5万名市民及超过60间企业承诺参加。这是香港最近环保活动不断升温过程中的大型活动之一。 进入九月,香港各界环保活动渐入高潮,层出不穷。特首高官与各界市民齐齐参与,是其中一个最大特色。…
On: 03/21/18 04:12

meaningless marching orders for a thousand travellers ... strife ahead ..
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Casual Blog
[...] RTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPL [...]
On: 07/17/17 08:28

a small explanation
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at yerba mate gourd
Find here top quality how to prepare yerba mate without a gourd that's available in addition at the best price. Get it now!
On: 07/09/17 07:07

The Real Stuff
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Candy Blog
[...] LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE J [...]
On: 06/11/17 10:40

when rape isn't rape but only sexual assault
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Trouser Blog
[...] took another century of Inquisition and repression to completely eradicate the [...]
On: 06/07/17 03:37

DISCLAIMER
Allanspacer

THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE HOSTS OF THIS SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS.

Not that very many people ever read this far down, but this blog was the creation of Allan Kelly and his friend Vilmar. Vilmar moved on to his own blog some time ago, and Allan ran this place alone until his sudden and unexpected death partway through 2006. We all miss him. A lot. Even though he is gone this site will always still be more than a little bit his. We who are left to carry on the BMEWS tradition owe him a great debt of gratitude, and we hope to be able to pay that back by following his last advice to us all:
  1. Keep a firm grasp of Right and Wrong
  2. Stay involved with government on every level and don't let those bastards get away with a thing
  3. Use every legal means to defend yourself in the event of real internal trouble, and, most importantly:
  4. Keep talking to each other, whether here or elsewhere
It's been a long strange trip without you Skipper, but thanks for pointing us in the right direction and giving us a swift kick in the behind to get us going. Keep lookin' down on us, will ya? Thanks.

THE INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE AMERICAN COURTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPLICABLE IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY, THEN THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ACCESSED BY PERSONS FROM THAT COUNTRY AND ANY PERSONS WHO ARE SUBJECT TO SUCH LAWS SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO USE OUR SERVICES UNLESS THEY CAN SATISFY US THAT SUCH USE WOULD BE LAWFUL.