BMEWS

Sarah Palin is allowed first dibs on Alaskan wolfpack kills.

calendar   Monday - May 19, 2014

sleep deprived

Oy, my sleep got all messed up last night. I woke up freezing at 5am. Now at 11am I want to turn on the A/C and take a nap.

No progress on the garden. Waiting on word back from The Committee. OTOH, I’ve already figured out a workaround that will let me raise the garden bed 10” and not have any “walls” made from the edger stones, not even one a mere 2 blocks tall. Meh hee hee hee.

Did my Sunday work, which went fine now that I picked up a new vacuum after the old one died. When I was done with that, we went gas grill shopping. OMG, the money you can spend on a grill!!!  But the little $99 POS we bought as an emergency cooker after last year’s hurricane is half falling apart already. Worse, it’s a terrible cooking device given to massive flare-ups. And it’s too small to cook for more than just the two of us. So we’re looking at something bigger. But not too big. And therein lies the quandary. How much is enough, how much is too much? How do you spot the quality point where you can be certain? Is it unreasonable to expect a decent gas grill to last a decade if it’s treated right?

We fell in love with the Weber Genesis E-330. It’s sturdy, the lid feels like it came off an army tank, it’s more than big enough, and with 3 strong burners plus a sear burner, it ought to get really hot really fast. And we can get a powered rotisserie attachment to spin chickens and ducks around on. All this, plus it comes in designer colors! But the cost ... OMG. OMG OMG OMG. On the other hand, “luxury” grills can hit you up for well over a grand. How can I tell what features are useful and which ones are silly? How can I figure out what quality point will last, and which quality point is getting into the wretched excess category? I already have the lowdown on stainless steel, that it’s something to shy away from. And I’m concerned about anything made in China, especially if it is cast metal, or has paint on it.

image

an investment to last a lifetime? comes in green too

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/19/2014 at 01:42 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (6) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Saturday - May 17, 2014

if drew’s good garden project were transfered here ….

I promise I’m not trying to one up ya Drew .... But look what I found in the paper today.

I wasn’t going to post this but it’s the second one I have seen in the last week.  Another one was about an elderly couple who tidied up a curbside mess outside their home, and had the support of the other ppl in the development who shared the space.  It was run down and full of weeds, and they restored at their own expense. But the council insists they must undo.  AND .... these are not the only two examples of things like that.

Anyway, once I saw Drew’s post I knew I had to do this.

Hey Drew ... least you don’t have to answer to the kops.

Well, not yet anyway.

Elf ‘n’ safety brigade call in police after grandad tidies up brambles on footpath

Pensioner Jim Higgins decided to clear brambles and weeds from a footpath near his garden

Also installed a seat for walkers, replacing a dilapidated fence

Charity which owns the path say they have health and safety concerns

Mr Higgins, 65, called in to be questioned by police after a complaint

Pensioner now faces being charged over the theft of the old fence

By Alison Smith-squire
image

When pensioner Jim Higgins decided to clear the brambles from a footpath at the bottom of his garden, he was only trying to help.

Many of his neighbours stopped by to thank the former police officer for all his work – which saw him replace a dilapidated fence and build a seat for weary walkers.

But not everyone was so delighted by the grandfather’s efforts. Soon Sustrans, the charity which owns the footpath, announced that they had health and safety concerns over his homemade bench.

image

Following a complaint from the charity, Mr Higgins, 65, was called in to be questioned at his local police station in Whitehaven, Cumbria. He has now been told that he could be charged with the theft of the old fence.

Last night Mr Higgins said: ‘I am worried sick that what I believed was a good deed for everyone in the village is going to end up with me having a criminal conviction.

‘I have nothing to hide, I admit I did it. But never did I imagine anyone would be anything but happy. I’m finding it hard to sleep at night and am worried about the future.’

But he finally decided to take matters into his own hands after his dog Nell became impaled on one of its rusty spikes.

He said: ‘Nell didn’t see the spike, which had become buried by the overgrown vegetation, but it punctured her skull and it is only thanks to the skill of a clever vet that she survived.

‘But it wasn’t only the fence that Sustrans had neglected and allowed to fall into disrepair – the footpath was a jungle of dangerous brambles that snagged horse riders, walkers and cyclists.’

When Mr Higgins spotted a couple of volunteers from Sustrans, he mentioned his plans to replace the fence. ‘They seemed pleased that I was offering to sort it out, so I ploughed on’, he said.

cont. read

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 05/17/2014 at 01:47 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (5) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Friday - May 16, 2014

Condo Commies

Ruh roh, now I have to go and beg permission for my garden, as my idea for a slightly raised garden bed would entail me “building a wall”. Said wall would rise up to a towering 14” - 17.5” above ground level.

So I’ve been busy making renderings, drawings, annotated photographs, top views, side views, and calculating mass loading and lateral soil thrust. For a raised garden bed area that’s just a bit bigger than a bathtub.

Condo living. It’s spelled wrong. Perhaps it should be “commdo”. “commie-doh”?

image

And that’s what we did, sat in the back of the patrol car
and drove to the Quote Scene of the Crime unquote.
I want tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop
Signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the
Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars,
Being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to
Get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of
Cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer’s station.
They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
They took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
And arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
One was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
The getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that’s not to
Mention the aerial photography.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/16/2014 at 05:19 PM
Filed Under: • Daily Life •
Comments (7) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Thursday - May 15, 2014

treating traitors well

Because I exist here and read the papers here and listen to radio news and such, I share the insanity (or what I believe is insanity) with the readers of bmews.

Sometimes, in fact often times, I feel a bit guilty.  That’s because in spite of whatever faults I may perceive, I have always admired this country and the history and have had very close friends here.  Even from my working days in radio and after, I had met some very good people.  At days end I seem to be somewhat more aware of news here than at home in the USA, which I may never see again.  Time will judge that statement.
Anyway ….  Once in awhile I pick up on some bit of total stupidity whose origins are the USA.  If I don’t dwell on those, it’s because I always think that being an American blog site, the readers here already are well aware of USA news, and so I’ll add nothing new.  Of course, I can add my opinion and have done and do so here now.

Judges we consider loopy also have a home in the USA, as you all know.
Now here’s a case in point.

That flaming faggot, Bradley Manning, the queer sob who stole and turned over to another creep bastard who I’d happily kill if given the chance, secret American documents while wearing the uniform of our country. OK you know all about that.

Well, he got 35 years in the slammer, it should have been death but okay. Lets hope the shit serves it ALL! And unhappily as well.

Not long ago, Braddy thweety decided he wanted to be called Chelsea and so libtard papers refer to him that way and that’s their right to do so I suppose.  It would not surprise me at all if some conservative American papers did as well.  But it bothers me that someone who took an oath to our country and betrayed it in they way he did, should have any consideration at all, much less be catered to in the manner he is.

Ok so a judge in April ruled that he could legally be called Chelsea, which I see as providing “aid and comfort” to an enemy. But as they say … what’s in a name?  So I forgot about that for a spell.  Have much else to worry about that’s more important than what some creepy queer traitor calls himself.  Btw ,,, have you seen that photo of the jerk in that blond wig?  What an ass.  He thinks he looks cute.

Well, the US Army in all its glory, is considering moving the shit in the blond wig to a civilian prison.  Why? Why a civilian prison?
Apparently military prisons aren’t geared for medical treatments.
Oh … is the little boy ill? No.

So far the decision hasn’t been made but ….

It’s at a civilian prison where hormone therapy can be carried out.
The final decision will depend on “ a proper balance of the soldier’s medical needs”.
What TF?  They’re even calling him a ‘soldier?’ *&!!$@’@%^

Come on … lets not kid ourselves.  The first step. Right?  Therapy and then?
Why a sex change of course. What else?  Now I really don’t give a damn about that so much as …

Who gets to pay for that?

Yeah. Right.

Why must we treat our enemies so damn well? So forget the firing squad and torture and all that.  Why does our system seem so damn intent on placating and making nice to an enemy, who has done so much against our country?

And why can’t our side find a way to kill Snowden and Assange?

Have you seen the latest on Snowden?

It’s reported that he has more to share with the press, interesting too that it’s generally left wing press but never mind that part.
He is passing on a code to reporters that (in theory) will he and them to communicate without others (Brits and Americans) knowing what’s said and being passed on.

Hey ... if our side could take out OBL, why can’t we take out Snowden and Assange? Anyway ... who would miss the miserable bastards?
And if it was done, it should be in such a way that it would greatly discourage others from the same path.

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 05/15/2014 at 02:56 PM
Filed Under: • REALLY WORTHLESS and PUTRID PEOPLEUSA •
Comments (1) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Wednesday - May 14, 2014

effortless

image

Sux being perfect, I know.

See More Below The Fold

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/14/2014 at 09:49 PM
Filed Under: • Eye-Candy •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

cut their lips off

Looks like I have to put in a small retaining wall to edge the garden space I’m making here. Nothing huge, just 2 or 3 courses of stone laid in to keep the dirt from slumping.

Homeowner built landscape walls have become a whole backyard science. The stones are cast concrete that are made to look like quarried rock. They have a little lip on the back so that each further course of stones up is set back a tiny amount, giving you a nice tapered look. Once you make the effort to get the first course level and right ... sometimes you need to dig down a bit more and put a bed of gravel and sand underneath ... then every level after that pretty much just falls in place. So they say. And forget mortar; these days you just use a dab or two of masonry adhesive, straight from you caulk gun.

image

Pretty. And done right, it certainly adds to the curb appeal of your home. Lowe’s has the blocks, which are 11.5"L X 7"W X 4"H and weigh 25lbs each, for less than $2 per. That makes a 2 foot tall wall, 6 courses, for about $12/linear foot. I’m not planning on anything so significant; my needs are for 2 or 3 visible courses at most.

My problem is that I have to climb a very steep hill with these. So I have to make a wall more like stairs. And I want it ruler straight, so what am I supposed to do with the lip on the back? Carve it off with a chisel? Go buy/rent a tile saw?

And how do I do corners?

Guess I still have some learning to do. Or, I could just use the top quality block that has no lips, costs a buck more per, and weighs a couple pounds more (made from more dense concrete?).

Damn, this is turning into a big friggin’ project. All this, just to have a few healthy flowers.

UPDATE: Ok, one trip done. I think 32 27lb blocks and 2 40lb bags of sand is a bit much for my poor old Saturn to carry in one load. But I got here without breaking anything, and now after making a dozen trips up and down the hill, I’ve at least got them laid out. Time for the next trip; this time I’ll just get 20 stones and 1 bag, saving 350lb on those old springs. And at that point I’ll have just about half as many stones as I’ll need. I looked at the $1.98 stone with the lip ... it’s crap. So I went with the $2.88 stone without a lip. It’s much nicer looking. Yeah, it’ll add $100 to the project, what can you do? Bring them home, unload them, and maybe plant a few more flowers and give things their daily watering. The begonias are taking off already, but I’m seeing that by 3pm that area is in the shade. But it gets full sun from dawn until 2, so that ought to be enough.

Tomorrow I’m going to dig in the base row for the lower section. After that part is done, then the next courses leap right on. So I guess tomorrow’s trip for stones will also include a couple tubes of masonry adhesive. Now, where did I see the caulk gun around here? It’s bright red, you’d think it would be hard to misplace.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/14/2014 at 11:07 AM
Filed Under: • Miscellaneous •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Tuesday - May 13, 2014

21st Century Sexy

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/13/2014 at 10:56 AM
Filed Under: • Eye-Candy •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

now it’s really over

the last bowling blog post of the winter season.

We finished off Late League tonight. There was a chance we could have moved up from 7th the 6th, but we didn’t quite make it. We did take 13 1/2 points from the 8th place team we played tonight, and that put us over where the 6th place team started tonight. But it seems they won a few points themselves, even though they pretty much got slaughtered. But in the end they came out ahead of us. Fine.

I had a good time. It didn’t cost me a dime, since I was a permanent sub. Ok, I didn’t get any prize money, but hey, get real, right? And I learned to really love the average sorted match point scoring method. It is so much better than any of the standard 7 point systems, team handicap or individual handicap. If your league is looking for a way to stand out, a way to stir things up and make them fresh, then give it a try. It’s a little harder to keep score, but you learn real fast. I won 3 1/2 points tonight, because I tied M in Game 2, both of us scoring a 202.

And now all the winter leagues are over.

Summer league starts next week.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/13/2014 at 03:44 AM
Filed Under: • Bowling Blogging •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Monday - May 12, 2014

Can’t Touch This

A different sort of Hammer Time

Oh oh ooh oh oh. Can’t touch this!

Here We Go! Miami Safety Fined For anti-Sam Tweet

Free speech? What the hell is that? The right to express your opinions in public without punishment? Are you kidding me??

Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones was fined an undisclosed amount Sunday and will undergo educational training after sending a negative tweet about Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft.

Shortly after the St. Louis Rams took Sam in the seventh round Saturday, Jones tweeted “OMG” and “Horrible.” The tweets were taken down a short time later.

Jones apologized for his comments Sunday and described them as inappropriate. The Dolphins said Jones has been excused from all team activities until he completes training related to his comments.

Send that horrible person off to re-education Camp Ayers. ASAP.

“We were disappointed to read Don’s tweets,” coach Joe Philbin said in a statement. “They were inappropriate and unacceptable, and we regret the negative impact these comments had on such an important weekend for the NFL. We met with Don today about respect, discrimination and judgment. These comments are not consistent with the values and standards of our program.”

The Dolphins reacted swiftly to Jones’ comments in the wake of the team’s bullying scandal last year, which embarrassed the NFL and prompted a nationwide debate about workplace harassment.

Jones said he regretted that his tweets took away from Sam’s “draft moment.”

I wonder ... since this guys performance at the pro level is barely marginal at this point ... will criticizing him now be a hate crime? I gonna laff my ass of if it is; WTF, no white person can criticize a black person’s job performance regardless of profession, without automatically being a raycis. I can’t wait until all the black pro athletes start getting fined up and down for criticizing this guy. Who is also black. And whose numbers aren’t that great yet. But he’s gaaaaay. Gay gay gaaaay!  Now all of them will have to find out what life is like under PC, because for the most part they’ve been given a pass so far. But gay. Gay!! And thus the only people allowed to question his relevance ... will be black muslims. Hey, check it out, Lois Farrakhan is now doing the play by play on Monday Night Football!! As if.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/12/2014 at 09:06 PM
Filed Under: • Gay Gay Gay!Sports •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

Twisting Arms The Putin Way

You knew this one was coming, right?

Russia Threatens To Turn Off The Gas

Moscow (AFP) - Russia’s state energy giant Gazprom warned on Monday that it may halt natural gas shipments to Ukraine on June 3 in a move that could impact the supplies of at least 18 EU nations.

Gazprom chief executive Alexei Miller said Ukraine must pay upfront for its June deliveries because of outstanding debts. He added that Kiev had until the morning of June 3 to make the payment “or Ukraine will receive zero cubic metres (of gas) in June,” Interfax reported.

In Putin’s Russia, economy sanctions you!

PS - it’s your tax dollars that will be paying Ukraine’s energy bill. I guess this is what Obama meant by being more flexible after the election, what what?

Last week: Russia orders Ukraine to pre-pay for gas

Europe faced the prospect of imminent energy shortages Thursday after Russia ordered crisis-hit Ukraine to pay upfront for all its natural gas deliveries because of billions of dollars in debts.

The largely-anticipated announcement imperils supplies to a large swathe of the European Union because nearly 15 percent of all Russian gas consumed by the 28-nation bloc transits through Ukraine.

The ex-Soviet nation has refused to meet the deadline in protest over Russia’s decision to nearly double the price it charges its neighbour for gas imports following the February overthrow of Kiev’s Kremlin-backed regime.

Russia’s energy ministry said Ukraine had missed a Wednesday deadline to pay debts worth $3.5 billion (2.5 billion euros) and that all gas sent from June 1 will have to be paid in advance.

“Russia is introducing a pre-payment regime for gas deliveries to Ukraine,” Energy Minister Alexander Novak said in a statement.

President Vladimir Putin had last month warned in a letter to 18 EU nations that Russia would require Ukraine to make pre-payments unless Europe helped cover its debt to Moscow’s government-run natural gas giant Gazprom.

“Russia can no longer—and must not—be the only one carrying the burden of supporting the Ukrainian economy, offering it discounts for gas and forgiving debts,” said Novak.

The energy minister said Russia had “through its subsidies been effectively covering the deficit in Ukraine’s trade with EU member states”.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/12/2014 at 04:25 PM
Filed Under: • International •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

Diggin It

Today is one of those absolutely perfect Spring days. The sun is shining, the air is dry and nearly still, the temperature is pleasant but not too warm. Time for me to get out the rakes and shovels and go dig in the garden. First I need to run down and buy another car load of mulch to put under the hedges, then I can start laying in the soil in the area that gets some sun. And away we go. Had my coffee, had my breakfast banana, good enough. To work!

Update

Me and my crew!

No sooner did I get back from Lowe’s with my little Satrun filled to the gills with 32 cubic feet of mulch, than the landscape guys showed up. They helped me rake out under the shrubs, pulled weeds, and dug a rain channel down the edge of what will be the garden. Now they’re working out on the corner, whacking out a small stump from the tree we lost during the hurricane. With 4 helpers, the job goes lots faster. I’ve got all the mulch in under the shrubs ... I could have bought another 6 or 8 bags to cover over the garden when I get it planted ... and the $1/cu ft price was really nice ... but there’s only so much room in my little sports car after all. No worries, I can get mulch any time.

It’s pretty warm today, so I put out sodas and iced tea and all the ice I had. Then I made up a whole bunch of hot dogs on the grill for the crew, and set them up with cole slaw and chips. I figure the least I could do was feed them some lunch.  I know I sure appreciated it when I was doing windows on somebody’s house and they made a little effort in my direction, even if it was only to bring me a bottle of water after I’d been up on the ladder sweating buckets in the summer sun.

Update

ENOUGH for one day. I got all the mulch in, and I mixed and laid 480lb of topsoil. Each 40lb bag got 20lb of composted manure churned in, then I laid them out 120lb at a time, building a 4-5” bed across the garden. That way I could then come in, pat things down, and plant most of the area, then repeat the process with the next row. It didn’t go all that far, but I’ve got a really nice layer of good soil now. I’m exhausted. Enough. I managed to plant 2 flats - 48 plants - of flowers. Beats me what they are. Red ones with green and red leaves that can handle the shade, then the same kind of little flower but different colored blossoms that wants more direct light. Some sort of annual. Peonies? Not daisies, not marigolds, not petunias. I’ll look tomorrow, when I work the next 15 bags worth in and plant the chrysanthemumummemms. (I went and looked. Scarlet begonias. Once a deadhead, always a deadhead, even without trying!) Then I can dig the next tulip bed, then I can dig the next daffodil bed, then I can figure out how to make a really raised up bed here on the end of the patio. And I’d better get some edger stones right quick. I don’t want all my efforts washing downhill in the next rain. Everything is patted down and watered in, and I saved out one bag of mulch to cover the soil after I get everything planted. The tulips ar about done; they’re a refreshing dose of color in the early Spring when you really need it, but the blossoms don’t last forever. Now we’ll see whether they die back, or whether their big lush leaves stay green all season. A couple of old hostas are poking their heads up too.

Oh God my arm is stiff. I’ll be fine. Checked myself for ticks, cleaned the tools, then took a shower. oops, forgot to bring in my 3 sweat drenched t-shirts. Maybe I can get a short nap in before my last night of Late League bowling tonight at 9.

Tired now.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/12/2014 at 11:38 AM
Filed Under: • Miscellaneous •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

calendar   Sunday - May 11, 2014

the best way to practice gun control

Here’s something to scratch our heads over.

BAN Guns!  Awful things are guns.

Now then, coming from a politically correct liberal, anti gun feelings don’t surprise us.  In fact, we would I think be surprised should a lib come out in favor of gun ownership.

‘It has to change,’ she says about the gun ownership laws in America, where there have been 44 school shootings since the 2012 Newtown massacre.

‘Where we are now is not helping – we see an increase of gun-related deaths.

‘If it’s not working, we have to change it. I’m a mum. I’m going to be sending my kid to school and I want to know he is going to be safe.’

Views of this kind don’t make you very popular in America’s conservative heartland.

Sure, I believe most of us find it easy to understand a mother’s fear in the world we live in today.  It must surely be harder to be a parent now than it might have been say 50 yrs ago.  More children are exposed to more and different threats than in past years.

So ok, the lady is anti gun and she even got her boyfriend to give up his gun collection.
Nothing very exciting so far. Right? Well ... here’s where logic and experience jump off a cliff.

The lady who is against firearms ...  had her life and the life of her own mother, saved by a gun.

When she was a young teen, her dad who was one of those ‘mean drunks’, came home loaded with booze and bullets, fired his gun and threatened to kill mom and daughter.  But .....  .

Mom Was Armed herself and did not blink or hesitate.

Bury one violent drunk, life saved, reload and move on.

Yup.  Charlize Theron is here today and a millionaire too, because mommy had a gun and went bang.

The very best way to solve the problem of a violent drunken husband. Charlize mom exhibited excellent gun control.

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 05/11/2014 at 06:53 PM
Filed Under: • Guns and Gun Control •
Comments (2) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

MY HEART IS FRENCH ….. Arletty

image

In another world unknown to many of us, there was once a French actress with one name, that name being Arletty.

During the German occupation of France, the Ritz Hotel maintained its pre war glamour and opulence and was home to the well born, actors, and ladies having a late dinner with gentlemen not their husbands.

Now it happens that the world famous Coco Chanel had a suite there, where she also had as a lover, a German officer.

After the war, there was much bad feeling towards women who slept with the enemy.

Chanel was saved from prosecution and jail by her many friends in high places, which included we are told, Churchill himself.

Unfortunately for actress Arletty … her friends in high places lost the war, and she spent some time in jail.

Now then … the only reason for this post and telling you about an actress some of you might have briefly seen in the movie, “The Longest Day”, if you ever saw that movie, is because of the wonderfully gutsy remark she made with regard to her illicit affair with that officer. I love this.

“ My Heart is French ...  My ass is international ”

Posted by peiper   United Kingdom  on 05/11/2014 at 03:19 PM
Filed Under: • FRANCEHumor •
Comments (0) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •

late night tea time

Up again in the middle of the night. Wide awake. I don’t know why. Can’t get back to sleep. Ok, check the house; fine. Visit the bathroom. Fine. Mugga tea? Sure, why not; it seems PG Tips is my go-to at 3am. Mmm, it smells so good.

Ok, so what’s happening out there in the middle of the night here??

Let’s start things off with a BANG, or at least a smash:

image2014 IndyCar Grand Prix of Indianapolis Starts with Huge Crash
It took only seconds for pole-sitter Sebastian Saavedra’s dreams to go up in smoke at the 2014 IndyCar Grand Prix of Indianapolis on Saturday.

When the green flag dropped, Saavedra stalled at the starting line. As a result, opposing drivers were forced to work around the 23-year-old Colombian. Carlos Munoz couldn’t react quickly enough, making contact with Saavedra and setting off a scary chain of events. Mikhail Aleshin also rear-ended Saavedra, compounding his bad luck.

Debris went flying all over the track.

The collateral damage wasn’t limited to the drivers, though. John Tuohy of The Indianapolis Star reported that Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard was struck by debris as he waved the green flag. Mayoral spokesman Marc Lotter said that Ballard had been hit in the elbow, but the injury wasn’t considered serious.

I had to go and stare at my calendar after reading this one. Indy, today?? WT ... ? I even checked the internet ... nope, Memorial Day isn’t until the end of the month. It wasn’t until I was on my second read through that I noticed that this was the “IndyCar Grand Prix” not the Indy 500. riiight, because they had that big fight and split up a couple years ago, remember?  Amazingly nobody was really hurt. Bet it took them a while to sweep the track clean though.

speaking of bangs and smashes ...

Texas man arrested for suspected premarital sex with 16-year-old wife
The marriage may be legal but the suspected premarital sex was not, authorities said on Saturday after arresting a 41-year-old Houston-area drama teacher for the alleged sexual assault of a child, his 16-year-old wife.

Ilich Guardiola, who also works as a voice actor in Japanese animations, was pulled over in a traffic stop in the Houston suburb of Spring Valley last month and later questioned about his relationship with the teen riding with him, police said.

Shortly after the incident, Guardiola married the teenager, who has not been identified, in Las Vegas with the approval of her mother, who witnessed the wedding.

Police said there is circumstantial evidence that the two engaged in a sexual relationship prior to legal marriage.

“The marriage is absolutely legal. We received a copy of the marriage certificate,” said Gary Finkelman of the Spring Valley Police Department.

Guardiola was arrested on Thursday at his Houston-area apartment for violating a Texas law that forbids sex with a child, regardless of the child’s consent. A child is defined as a person under 17 years of age.

Guardiola’ bail has been set at $50,000 and no lawyer has been listed as representing him, according to his arrest record.

Really Texas? Seriously? Intolerant bunch of Christo-fascists, or what? And “circumstantial evidence”? More seriously? What’d ya do, go rooting around in the dumpster for some used rubbers? Pathetic. I mean, look at this story: the guy gets pulled over, but “later” he’s questioned about his relationship? Why, did they drag him off to pedo-jail immediately?

Actually I think this is a lose-lose case for Texas. If the guy had been abducting the under age girl, and the cop hadn’t questioned him (or arrested him on general principle) and he had been a kidnapping pedo, then they would have been in 11 kinds of hot water. Instead, he’s hassling a guy apparently on his way to getting married in Vegas?

Ok, the dude probably is a pedo. Or one of these frightening western religious creeps, with 32 children and all the wives have to wear long gingham dresses and clomp-along shoes, and the homestead has never seen a gallon of paint or a bottle of Windex. Or both. 41 yo teacher, 16 yo bride? Texas creepy.
PS - if she’s old enough to get married, and does so with free will and parental consent, then shouldn’t ALL those “minor laws” go out the window? And we have to treat her as an adult, an “emancipated minor”? So let’s see her picture. Because I want to see what color gingham the bride wore.
hmmm - if the story seems strange, it’s always best to look for other sources ... nope, this one is also misleading, but in a different way.

Exit, pursued by a cop. A Houston-area drama teacher is retreating from the limelight in handcuffs after cops discovered he had married a 16-year-old girl in Las Vegas. Illich Auyapah Guardiola, 41, had made a name for himself as an English-language voice actor in Japanese anime films. But he aroused suspicions when he was caught in a car with the teenage girl during a a traffic violation stop in April.

Spring Valley Village police soon found out that Honduras-born Guardiola was a teacher who worked at several local acting schools and theaters. The teenager was one of his students at the Houston Family Arts Center, Click2Houston reports. An investigation into the illicit relationship revealed that the teacher had thoroughly seduced his underage victim. Court documents show that the teen sent a number of text messages to the older man, including one that read, “I love having sex with you.”

Maybe Texas, maybe all states should take a step back and compare their age of consent laws with their age of marriage laws. It would be pretty stupid if they didn’t line up.

I’m going back to bed:
:eyeroll: :eyeroll: innuendo much??You’re a Ram, baby Obama is just so proud and excited that one of his peoples got drafted. No wait, Obama is just so proud and excited that Michael Sam was drafted by the Rams, making him the first openly gay guy in pro football.

With the 249th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2014 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams made history and selected Sam.

Sam was a consensus All-American and the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Year as a senior at Missouri.

That good, and yet he was 249th of 256? Sounds like there is still some resistance to the big gay push in football. Reeducation training camps, here we come!

President Barack Obama congratulated Michael Sam on Saturday for being the first openly gay football player taken in the National Football League draft, the White House said in a statement.

“From the playing field to the corporate boardroom, LGBT Americans prove everyday that you should be judged by what you do and not who you are,” Obama said. He also congratulated the NFL and the St. Louis Rams, the team that drafted Sam.

Sam, an All-American defensive end who played for the University of Missouri, made history when he was picked by the Rams in the seventh and final round. He was the 249th of 256 players selected.

The 24-year-old got the news by telephone from Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher, who told Sam: “You are a Ram. The wait is finally over.”

Are we ever going to run out of bullshit “firsts” for every damn group to pat themselves on the head for? Isn’t just a little tiresome at this point? Frankly, if I were Sam (if Sam I am?) I’d be rather humiliated to get that call. Oh, it doesn’t matter that he trained and practiced his whole life to make it to the pros. Doesn’t matter that he starred in college ball, made All-American, and even Player of the Year. Nope. All that matters is that he kisses boyz.

I ain’t going here either, because YOU KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN:

Austrian bearded drag queen wins Eurovision song contest
Copenhagen (AFP) - Austria won this year’s Eurovision Song Contest early Sunday with “Rise Like a Phoenix” sung by bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst.

The 25-year-old performer, whose real name is Tom Neuwirth, took the Eurovision crown in Copenhagen despite initial expectations that the eye-catching performance would be too controversial in socially conservative countries.

“We are unity, and we are unstoppable,” she said after winning the glitzy competition with 290 points compared with 238 points for runner-up the Netherlands, in what Eurovision fans had anticipated would be a more closely fought race.

Since the contest was launched in 1956, voting has often been tied to politics and the 2014 event was no exception, with the audience jeering countries that announced giving points to Russia.

Yup, that’s our superior cousins over in Europe, being all sophisticated and all. The talent show is all about national politics, screw the talent. Unless the talent has a whole deck of Cards to play. Like gay Jesus here. Unity. Oh gag me. Like a phoenix. Torched for the very first time. Like a pee-eee-ee-nis. Oops, sorry, I meant fee-eee-ee-nix. Feel your heartbeat, next to mine.

image

Sometimes I don’t know why I bother to get out of bed.

Posted by Drew458   United States  on 05/11/2014 at 06:12 AM
Filed Under: • Gay Gay Gay!News-BriefsPolitically Correct B.S. •
Comments (3) Trackbacks(0)  Permalink •
Page 3 of 6 pages « First  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  Last »

Five Most Recent Trackbacks:

The Brownshirts: Partie Deux; These aare the Muscle We've Been Waiting For
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at 香港特首曾荫权和部分高管分别用步行或搭乘公共交通工具的方式上班
西安电加热油温机 香港盛吹“环保风” 专家指市民已从被动变主动 中新网9月29日 淮安导热油电加热炉 电 据香港中通社报道,9月29日晚由香港某环保团体举行的“无冷气夜”,吸引了5万名市民及超过60间企业承诺参加。这是香港最近环保活动不断升温过程中的大型活动之一。 进入九月,香港各界环保活动渐入高潮,层出不穷。特首高官与各界市民齐齐参与,是其中一个最大特色。…
On: 03/21/18 04:12

meaningless marching orders for a thousand travellers ... strife ahead ..
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Casual Blog
[...] RTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPL [...]
On: 07/17/17 08:28

a small explanation
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at yerba mate gourd
Find here top quality how to prepare yerba mate without a gourd that's available in addition at the best price. Get it now!
On: 07/09/17 07:07

The Real Stuff
(2 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Candy Blog
[...] LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE J [...]
On: 06/11/17 10:40

when rape isn't rape but only sexual assault
(1 total trackbacks)
Tracked at Trouser Blog
[...] took another century of Inquisition and repression to completely eradicate the [...]
On: 06/07/17 03:37

DISCLAIMER
Allanspacer

THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE HOSTS OF THIS SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS.

Not that very many people ever read this far down, but this blog was the creation of Allan Kelly and his friend Vilmar. Vilmar moved on to his own blog some time ago, and Allan ran this place alone until his sudden and unexpected death partway through 2006. We all miss him. A lot. Even though he is gone this site will always still be more than a little bit his. We who are left to carry on the BMEWS tradition owe him a great debt of gratitude, and we hope to be able to pay that back by following his last advice to us all:
  1. Keep a firm grasp of Right and Wrong
  2. Stay involved with government on every level and don't let those bastards get away with a thing
  3. Use every legal means to defend yourself in the event of real internal trouble, and, most importantly:
  4. Keep talking to each other, whether here or elsewhere
It's been a long strange trip without you Skipper, but thanks for pointing us in the right direction and giving us a swift kick in the behind to get us going. Keep lookin' down on us, will ya? Thanks.

THE INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ALL PARTIES IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE AMERICAN COURTS. IF ANYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS CONSTRUED AS BEING CONTRARY TO THE LAWS APPLICABLE IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY, THEN THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ACCESSED BY PERSONS FROM THAT COUNTRY AND ANY PERSONS WHO ARE SUBJECT TO SUCH LAWS SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO USE OUR SERVICES UNLESS THEY CAN SATISFY US THAT SUCH USE WOULD BE LAWFUL.