Here is where you can read other people's stories
about the week that changed America. We must never forget.
The writer of the best essay will receive a $200 Gift
Certificate from Amazon. In addition, we are going to send $200
worth of Pepsi and Pizza to the troops fighting in Iraq in the name
of the winner from GIPIZZA.
Read the essays and then cast your vote from our main
page for the one you liked best. You have until April 1 to cast your
vote, The Winner will be announced on April 4.
Contest rules are at the bottom of the page.
We Present To You The Ten Finalists For You To Cast Your Vote For:
"I REMEMBER" by David
"YEAH RIGHT!" by L.M.S. III
"AN EMOTIONAL JOURNEY BACK TO 'THAT DAY'" by Gurl.
Allan's Essay That Started It All (not a contest entry):
"THE DEAD ZONE" by Allan
- Entries must consist of your experiences, your memories, your feelings.
Tell us what happened to you during the week of September 7 to September 14,
2001. It does not matter what your political affiliation is or where you live.
- All entries must be submitted by Sunday, March 14, 2004
- Text-only submissions will be accepted. No formatted documents (Word, WordPerfect or HTML).
We will convert to HTML and post here for viewing by others. We will not consider any e-mails
with attachments. Again, text only.
- We reserve the right to deny publishing of essays we find offensive.
- All entries must be no more than 4000 words in length.
- All entires must include a copyright notice at the bottom to protect your
work. We will not re-publish your essay in any way whatsoever without your
permission, except for the winner which will be re-published here.
- We will not alter your text except to format it for web viewing. We are
not editors. Take the time to check your spelling and grammar before submission.
What you send is what we post.
- Tell your story in your own words.
- The top ten finalists will be chosen by Vilmar and Allan on March 22, 2004
and their essays will be highlighted here. You, the visitors to this blog
site will then be allowed to vote on the winner from the Top Ten.
- Votes will be tabulated and the winner announced on Sunday, April 4, 2004.
- The winner will then receive a $200 Gift Certificate from Amazon within
three days via e-mail.
- We will send $200 worth of pizza and Pepsi to the troops in Iraq in the name
of the winner with a thank you message from all of us.
- All entries will remain posted here for viewing and we retain the right
to keep them posted here.
- We will not allow comments on this page regarding other entrants so don't
worry about the critics.
- The first essay is my own and is rather long. I hope you enjoy it. Needless
to say, Vilmar and I are not allowed to participate in the prize. That will
go to one of you.
- Oh, I almost forgot. This contest void where prohibited by law.
© 2004 Barking Moonbats Inc.